Veteran Funeral Services
At Minshall Shropshire-Bleyer Funeral home, we take pride in honoring veterans with beautiful military funeral services. It is our responsibility to ensure that your family grieves the loss of your beloved veteran family member properly while we take care of their ceremonies.
What honors do veteran funeral services consist of?
Depending on the information provided in their discharge papers, some veterans can receive free military funeral honors. Here is a list of qualifications:
- The individual was on active duty
- The person was a part of the Selected Reserve
- Veterans who decided to part ways on honorable terms
- Those who were discharged due to a disability or injury
What is included in Veteran Death Benefits?
- Honor guard to perform the folding and presenting of the American flag to the family of the deceased during the playing of taps
- Minimum 2 members of the Armed Forces performing the ceremonies. This includes at least one member of the branch that the deceased individual belonged to
- Additional military funeral honors include a three-volley rifle salute, draping of the American flag over the casket, and a final graveside salute
If you are interested in checking your qualifications for military funeral honors, visit The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Have Any Questions About Military Funeral Services? Trust the Experts.
Funeral planning can be a daunting task, especially when there are so many additional honors to consider. We want you to be able to handle the grieving process, and we will do everything we can to see that the ceremony planning runs as smoothly as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time to discuss veteran funeral services.