Eva Virginia Beehler was a tenacious and resilient mother, wife, sister, grandmother, and friend. She passed away peacefully on April 27th, 2023, at the age of 86.
She was born to Eva and John Fernandez on November 9th, 1936. After graduating from Yuba City Union High School in 1954, she attended the University of California at Berkeley and Montana State University where she studied architecture and fine arts. She spent over twenty years working at Pendle Hill in Wallingford, PA, where she copy-edited and designed the layout of many publications. Eva believed in the power of the local government to better the community, and served on the township council of Middletown Township, Delaware County for over twenty years.
Eva met her husband Charles W. Beehler while living on Tempelhof Air Force Base in Berlin, Germany with her family during the height of the cold war. Charles was a Captain in the Air Force and Eva’s father was in charge of base security. They married a few years later in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania and were together until Charles’ death in 2007.
Eva loved spending time with family and friends, especially during the holidays. She spent many hours working on crafts including knitting, crocheting, pottery, and weaving. She enjoyed watching the birds with her husband Charles, swimming, playing piano, singing, and reading novels. She was dedicated to the community and during her time on Middletown Township Council, she was instrumental in preserving a number of open spaces including Indian Orchards, the Linvilla Orchards Tract, and the Darlington Tract.
Eva is survived by her son Carl, her daughter-in-law Suzanne Roose, her son-in-law Mark Ostapchenko and her grandchildren Max Ostapchenko, Charles J. Beehler and Rainier Beehler, Samantha Jensen, and Luke Bley. She is preceded by her husband Charles and her daughter Diane Beehler-Ostapchenko.
A memorial service will be held at 1:00 PM on Saturday, May 13th 2023 at Pendle Hill, located at 338 Plush Mill Rd., Wallingford, PA. The service will be held at “The Barn” located in the center of campus.